For the sake of continuity, I'll give you a snapshot of what the past year has looked like for this project:
- Began work on initial coding of transcripts. Noted multiple transcription errors so egregious that they warranted a second listen to triple check the transcripts for accuracy. This took the remainder of the summer to complete.
- Resumed work on initial coding of transcripts, but a member of the research team left the institution and this left me with a need to replace that person's role in the research process. I successfully recruited someone else, and had to catch that person up to speed on the project.
- We resumed a more rigorous coding schedule in early 2018, aiming to finish by March and submit a manuscript for review by May.
- Encountered multiple setbacks due to the software we were using to organize the data. I left this project on the back burner so I could attend to more urgent matters.
- Now that it's summer again, I am resuming an optimistic coding schedule so I can make up for lost time, and hope to finish coding by the middle of June. Then perhaps we can submit a manuscript by late July or early August.
With all of that said, I'm going to jump back into the coding so that I don't get sidetracked! I will still post updates on my Twitter feed, so be sure to check there for additional details of the analysis.